The Living every moment blog has been awarded the Liebster Award by a dear friend from high school, Tara, at The Dew Family blog. I love reading her blog and it is one of the first ones I go to when I have time to sit down and catch up on blog reading. I consider myself very lucky to have reconnected with her through our blogs several years ago. Thank you Tara for thinking of me for nomination!
Liebster is a German word and means, sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. The award is given to followers with less than 200 followers. I feel so honored that she chose me!
Tara gave me 11 questions to answer about myself:
1. What made you start blogging?
A friend of mine, who oddly enough, no longer blogs anymore, linked her blog posts to facebook where I began reading about her life raising her little boy. I loved the idea of documenting our lives to one day look back on. Also, I have family all over who we don't always get to see and I wanted them to be able to keep up with us.
2. How did you meet your husband?
I was a freshman at Peace College and he was a senior at NC State. We met through mutual friends.
3. What is one thing on your "bucket list?"
Visit England. It's something I have always dreamed of. Now that my mom works for Glaxo, I am trying to convince her to take me with her on one of her business trips. Yeah, I'm still working on that.....
4. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Any memories of Christmas time.
5. If you could be a superhero, what superpower would you want to have?
Healing. I would love to be able to touch someone and heal whatever ails them physically or mentally. I guess that's why I became a nurse.
6. What is your most prized possession?
As far as inanimate objects go, my iphone, computer, and camera.
7. What is the most random thing you have in your closet right now?
Well, I keep my closet pretty cleaned out so nothing too random in there but.... I can tell you something random I have in my freezer. I know it's crazy, but I have one bag of frozen breastmilk in the freezer. I should really throw it away but it has sentimental value. Yes, I know I can't keep it forever but maybe I'll let it stay in there for a little longer....
8. What is your favorite movie?
Easy... Gone with the wind.
9. What is something that you have a hard time saying "no" to?
Anything sweet. I love desserts.
10. If you could have lunch with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
Oh goodness....My grandpa.
11. What would you consider your "dream job?"
Stay at home mom, writer, nurse. I guess I'm doing a little of all those!
And there are so many blogs that I read that deserve this award but here are 11 of my favorites!
4. O'Leary Love
5. Our Forever
The questions for these bloggers to answer are as follows....
1. What is your favorite blog to read?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. What is your most embarrasing moment?
4. Who is your favorite author?
5. What is one random thing about yourself that most people don't know?
6. How did you meet your spouse?
7. What is your favoite thing to do when you have me time?
8. What would you say your biggest vice is?
9. What is your favorite store to shop?
10.What year did you graduate high school?
11.How many children do you have and what are their names and ages?
PS. Rules for the Liebster Award are as follows: (1) Post 11 things about yourself, (2) Answer the questions that your nominating blogger has set for you and then create 11 questions for your nominees, (3) choose up to 11 blogs to nominate and link them in your post, (4) go to their respective blogs and let them know, and (5) no tag backs!
I am SO excited to read your answers. Congrats on your award!