Monday, October 4, 2010

Congrats to the Tarboro Police Department K9 officers!

I just wanted to take a minute to congratulate the four dedicated and hard working K-9 officers of the Tarboro Police Department; Keith and Santos, Jesse and Bullitt, Mike and Keno, and Michael and Tazer. What a wonderful accomplishment to recieve 1st place K-9 team at the USPCA PD1 K-9 trials! It is such a joy to see their commitment and training pay off in the ultimate way. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful group of officers and K9's serving our community!
I wish I had a picture of the team trophy to post, but they will be recieving them at a later date. Until then I have posted a picture of the 5th place overall trophy Michael and Tazer recieved this week. I have to say it took a bit of persuading to get Michael to let me mention and post the picture but I reminded him that this is my way of scrapbooking and documenting our lives and I don't want to leave out such a great accomplishment. (And congrats to Mike and Keno for getting 2nd place overall!)





On a side note, I also want to acknowledge the sacrifice of their wives who keep things running and care for children not only during the 4 days they were out of town for trials but also all the nights and days they are out working, training and protecting and serving! And thank you to Trina for being there for me and the girls in case I needed a hand. Luckily we stuck to our routine and did just fine but it was still nice to know she was there if I needed her! Plus, I had such great little helpers at home as evidenced by the picture below!:)

No comments: