Friday, December 3, 2010

Bella is 4 months!!!

Okay, so this post is a little late. Bella is now 4 months and 2 weeks old! But at least now I have her stats from her 4 month checkup. So here is her monthly update!



Growth-
She weighs 14 pounds now and is 24 inches long!

Feedings-

4-5 ounces of breastmilk every 3 hours.
( She is drinking much better from the bottle now while I am at work.)
She also eats 2-3 spoonfuls of rice cereal. ( She is not a big fan yet)




Sleep-

She sleeps a 1 hour nap every 3 hours during the day. Recently, she has
been waking up several times during the night. We have been doing our
best to get her back on her nightly sleep schedule. And to Grace and
Tara, I am relieved that you both blogged about sleep issues around the
4 month mark! I have also looked it up on the Babywise blog and found
a whole post dedicated to 4 month sleep issues. It must be a common
enough problem for other moms following this method.
Hope this stage passes quickly!!

Play-

Bella is rolling over!! Yay! She also loves her jumperoo and still loves
her playmat. Her Little People Barnyard has also become a favorite. She
loves hearing the different animal sounds. Bathtime and Mickey Mouse
Clubhouse are still favorites as well. And of course her sisters are
always entertaining!

Development-

Rolling over, grabbing at things, and putting her paci in her mouth.
Here is a video of Bella rolling over. It takes her a couple
of minutes, but she finally gets it! (Press the pause button on the
playlist to here the video)






*Favorite thing to do this month*- Roll over, sit up with support, and chew on her
hand!!

Bella has been such a blessing to us and we are just loving her to pieces! As one of her little outfits reads, she is now " Just one of the girls"!!






3 comments:

Tara said...

I love that last picture of your 3 beauties! Hope this 4 month sleeping stuff passes quickly!!!

Graceandjoelroberts said...

OH my, rolling over!! That is awesome, way to go Bella! That 4 month stage is rough sleep wise. It is comforting to know it will pass. Love the picture of your three girls, they are gorgeous. How do you get that cute bow to stay in Bella's hair?

Graceandjoelroberts said...

Hey! Ruthie's actually been in her room/crib from day one. The reason is because it takes me as long to walk across my bedroom as it does to be in her room, they are that close together, so I'm no help there!
As far as the sleep goes, I'm not sure if it was that she just grew out of it with time, but by the time I wanted to pull my hair out, we tried giving her avocado mixed with breast milk. She didn't like the cereal (who can blame her) and the avocado was the ticket. She chowed down. I have no idea if that is what helped or not, but the timing of giving her that food and her sleeping longer makes me think it might have been?? At that point, I wanted to try anything! I hope it helps!! Thanks for the tip on the hairbow!