Friday, July 2, 2010

10 things I will miss about pregnancy......


So I am FINALLY sitting down to catch up on my blog! I have not been nearly as diligent in keeping up with it as I had promised myself I would be.

In the past 3 months I have grown in leaps and bounds! I never remember my stomach being this large with my previous 2 pregnancies, so my bet is that Bella is going to be the biggest of my babies......we'll see! I now have only 2 weeks and 6 days before my scheduled c-section date. Seems like not long at all but also seems like forever. I am really trying to focus on the things I love and enjoy about pregnancy these last couple of weeks. This will be my last time! So I have come up with a list of the things I LOVE about being pregnant. ( To be followed by the easily compiled list of things I DIDN'T love about being pregnant, after delivery). Here is my top 10.

10. Decorating the baby nursery

9. Baby shopping

8. The ANTICIPATION of a new member of our family

7. Cute/Comfy maternity clothes (Though this will also be on my DIDN'T love list as I have well past the cute stage of pregnancy!)

6. Wearing a maternity swimsuit and not worrying about being bloated.

5. Eating whatever and as much as I want without getting "the LOOK".

4. All of the RANDOM things people say to pregnant people that they would NEVER say to someone who wasn't! My fav....."Are you really going to let the big, fat girl go get that?"

3. Hailey and Mary Kathryn's growing fascination with my baby belly.

2. Having my husband dote on me more than usual! (Yes, my guilty pleasure)

1. Feeling the baby move and wondering what she will be like:)


And after I deliver I will do my top 10 things I DON'T miss about being pregnant!

So far this pregnancy I have gained a total of 33 pounds. I weighed in at 126pds before pregnancy and now top off at a glorious 159.7 pounds and still counting! YIKES! I keep telling myself a lot of it has to be fluid, right? Thats what I choose to believe anyway!

This weekend I am going to try to pack my hospital bag ( Just in case!). So far I have some comfy after delivery pj's, my belly bandit, toothpaste and all of those essentials. If anyone can think of anything important I am forgetting please say so in comments!

One of the best things I have learned throughout this pregnancy is that I have some REALLY great friends who call or message me regularly to check on how things are going! I am very LUCKY! You really learn how AWESOME your friends and coworkers are!

I have also learned how to smile sweetly even when people make comments such as, "I'm glad I'm not starting all over again! Mine are big enough to do for themselves!" (This is another example of RANDOM things people say to pregnant people) I happily realize that everyone is at different stages in their lives and I am going to enjoy each stage of mine:)

Super excited to go pick up baby supplies this weekend. Baby supplies are another thing that I know I am forgetting some of the necessities. So please feel free to remind me of any basics I might be forgetting in the comments box! Also I need to find a cute diaper bag if anyone has suggestions on where to find one:)


Lastly, a promise to myself!

I will not forget to document these last weeks of pregnancy!!!!

No comments: